We’ve just released a free HE.net Network Tools mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
The HE.net Network Tools app includes the following functions:
- Interface Information: Get information regarding your device’s current network state.
- ARP / NDP: Lookup local devices found on your network using either ARP (IPv4) or NDP (IPv6).
- DNS lookup: Search for a server’s DNS zone records such as SOA, NS, A, AAAA, MX, TXT, and rDNS.
- IP Calculator: Calculate the Netmask, Wildcard, Network, Host range, and Broadcast for a given subnet.
- Ping: Send ICMP packets to a single IPv4/v6 address.
- Ping Sweep: Send ICMP packets to an entire subnet range.
- Traceroute: Find the route packets take to reach your destination.
- Progressive Traceroute: Get detailed statistics for a given route.
- TCP Port Scan: Scan a list of custom or pre-defined TCP ports on any server.
- Whois: Get information regarding domain registration.
No Ads! There are no advertising banners or links in the app!
For more information, see:
- HE.net Network Tools mobile app information page (networktools.he.net)
- HE.net Network Tools mopbile app @ Apple’s AppStore
- HE.net Network Tools mobile app @ Google Play
You can also see a short preview of the mobile app on YouTube, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dIOm4w8qJM
We’ve also added a section on our forums.he.net web site for questions & discussions about the HE.net Network Tools mobile app.
Images: menu screens for iPhone (left) and Android (right)