Location: South Bay Area – Fremont, California
Looking for an opportunity to learn and grow in knowledge of the Internet and to put your knowledge to use?
Looking for a position at a large, stable, and growing technology company?
Looking to contribute to a team with worldwide reach and impact?
Join our team and grow, learning about leading-edge Internet technology in a fun, interesting environment.
Well-established, fast-growing, and global Internet Backbone and Colocation Provider is looking for a detail-oriented individual who likes to grow, who is comfortable learning new skills, stays focused, and works steadily on a task to completion. If you want to join a solid company and be a contributing part over the long term, with numerous opportunities to increase your knowledge and gain new skills pertaining to the Internet, then you might be the right person for this position.
Hurricane Electric’s Internet backbone network extends throughout the US, Europe, Canada, and Asia, to the top cities of the world. Hurricane Electric is one of the largest Internet backbone networks on earth and has state-of-the-art colocation facilities in both Fremont and San Jose, California. Hurricane Electric Internet Services seeks an individual for an Administrative Assistant position at our Fremont facility.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Email potential clients’ answers to their technical questions.
- Answer and return phone calls.
- Update database of potential customers.
- Learn new methods and tasks including web design.
- Apply our specialized web design training to building websites.
- Coordinate with different departments for new customers’ service installs.
- Email contracts to customers or potential customers.
- Utilize your creative mind to coordinate with team leader and work toward targeted goals.
- Additional duties and projects as needed.
- Excel as a team player, contributing to the departments’ excellent standards and maximizing them to new achievable heights.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to work cooperatively and proactively.
- Must have desire to learn and ability to retain training.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and be able to perform repetitive tasks with high accuracy.
- Self-motivated, results-driven with strong work ethic and integrity.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Must have a clean background and be drug-free.
- Accounting experience is a plus.
Position: 40 hours/week. (Day Shift: 11am to 7pm; Swing Shift: 7pm to 3am & Night Shift: 3am to 11am)
Compensation: $16.00/hour during training; $20.00/hour after 90 day training period.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K match with 401K matching fund, paid vacation and holidays.
We offer excellent training in an ever-growing and exciting environment. Please include GPA and SAT scores (or ACT, GMAT, or ASVAB score) Total/Math/Verbal on resume and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fremont – Admin Assistant” in the subject of your email.
LOCAL CANDIDATE ONLY