Location: South Bay Area – Fremont, California
Are you looking for a great opportunity to learn and grow in knowledge of the Internet and to put your knowledge to use?
Are you looking for a position at a large, stable, and growing technology company?
Are you looking to contribute to a team with worldwide reach and impact?
Join our team and grow, learning about leading-edge Internet technology in a fun, interesting environment.
Well-established, fast-growing, and global Internet Backbone and Colocation Provider is looking for a coder who wants to learn and grow, is comfortable learning new scripting and programming languages, stays focused, and works steadily on a task to completion.
If you want to join a solid company and be a contributing part over the long term, with numerous opportunities to increase your knowledge and gain new skills pertaining to the Internet, then you might be the right person for this position.
Hurricane Electric’s Internet backbone network extends throughout the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, to the top cities of the world. Hurricane Electric is one of the top largest Internet backbone networks on earth and has state-of-the-art colocation facilities in both Fremont and San Jose, California.
Do you enjoy writing scripts to present data graphically via the web?
Compensation: Approximately $65,000/year, comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance, 401K, paid holidays and vacation.
Great advancement possibilities exist for those with initiative. Hurricane Electric offers on-the-job training with pay to all applicants who qualify. Discover your true potential! Become a skilled web developer and system administrator. Learn and develop your part of a fast-growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Write scripts for website development and system administration.
- Utilize your creative mind to create new websites and web services.
- Assist network engineers with diagnostics.
- Answer technical phone calls.
- Respond to customer support emails.
- Install and configure servers.
- Extensive knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language required.
- Must have prior work experience using HTML, MySQL, and Linux.
- Must have a strong desire to learn.
- Possess excellent verbal/written (English) communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must have a clean background and be drug-free.
Full-Time Position. All Shifts Available: 11:00am-7:00pm, 7:00pm-3:00am, 3:00am-11:00am
We offer excellent training in an ever-growing and exciting environment. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mathematician Programmer” in the subject of your email
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY